Job Opening: Product Manager
Hello potential future Foria employee. Allow us to introduce ourselves, Foria is an innovative health & sexual wellness company, rooted in the proven wisdom of plants. Foria is the premier brand in the space and was the first brand to create a comprehensive product line to support sex & intimacy, period relief, menopause and wellbeing. With an unwavering commitment to clean ingredients, regenerative farming, sex education, and responsible packaging, we maintain the highest standards of purity and transparency — for your health, and the health of our planet. Find out more about us at Foriawellness.com.
About the role
FORIA’s Product Manager will lead the new product launch process, from ideation to commercialization to launch. This position is responsible for conceptualizing, creating, developing, and managing new product development and reviewing existing assortment through strategic innovation across all verticals. In addition, the Product Manager will work with cross-functional partners, balancing consumer insights, business objectives, and technical feasibility. This role is ideally based in either Boulder, New York, or Los Angeles.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with leadership to ideate new products.
- Analyze business, marketplace, and consumer inputs to deliver compelling insights and recommendations for developing or modifying products
- Develop FORIA’s category and product strategies, including product architecture, product launch process, go-to-market strategy, and the 2-year roadmap.
- Leads cross-functional and cross-channel teams to develop and execute new products, from concept to implementation
- Develop Foria’s pricing strategy
- Works directly with the supply chain team to determine COGS and build MSRP.
- Collaborate with CMO and functional management to define product GTM processes.
- Conduct product kick-off and stakeholder meetings describing and managing product
objectives, critical tasks, owners, marketing handoff, and dependencies to plan the overall delivery schedule
- Monitors the marketplace for new macro trends, consumer lifestyle trends, product innovations, competitors, and emerging technologies.
- Lead market research in the product channel around brands, prices, ingredients, sizes, cannabinoids, packaging, certifications, etc
- Facilitate wholesale market data analysis, including products, MSRP, serving amounts, packaging, sizing, etc
- Perform SKU and portfolio analysis quarterly; sets benchmarks and goals for future product launches
- Coordinates retrospective on new product launch focusing on sales (first day/week/month), and processes across departments within the first month of product launch
- Consistently monitor the performance of new launches and provide actionable recommendations to improve current and future launches
- Continually looks to innovate processes, products, and packaging, adapting to changing market conditions.
- Develop claims and vet protocols with appropriate third-party vendors
- Lead company sustainability initiatives and research for all packaging and product
- Source new product samples and packaging options
- Present product sample and packaging options to leadership for approval of implementation:
- Owning vendor relationships for packaging
- Receiving product samples
- Managing distribution of samples to respectful owners
- Compiling feedback
- Oversees and implements packaging development process including design, submission, and review of items including, but not limited to:
- Product Boxes
- Product bottles/jars
- Mailing boxes
- Gift Sets: Holiday Box & Wholesale Kits
Skills and Attributes:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment in a highly dynamic industry.
- Works well in a group, supports colleagues, and commits to getting the job done.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, multi-tasking, leadership, and management skills.
- Superior listening skills with the ability to translate information into business needs.
- Able to recognize process needs and implement improvements as necessary.
- Expert in company cloud tools, including Asana, Google Suite, Box, Slack, Shopify, and Zoom.
- Organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Strong experience as a project manager of a large and complex project.
- Able to understand the broader objectives of the program, such as business and strategic goals.
- 5+ years’ experience in product development in beauty or personal care preferred
Foria exists to make a meaningful impact in our world, and we think that if you share our passion and mission you would be happy to join us. We work hard but we also know how important it is to have fun and care for our team players by providing flex PTO, great benefits for you and yours, and genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and its peers succeed. Foria is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.