Job Opening: Creative Director
Hello potential future Foria employee. Allow us to introduce ourselves, we are a pioneering plant-based health & sexual wellness brand offering a range of unique products for pleasure enhancement, pain relief, and daily wellbeing. Foria created the category for cannabis and sex with a mission to close the pleasure gap. We have since evolved to address unmet needs across all life stages: from menstruation to menopause. Foria is led by the therapeutic offerings of plants, powerful testimonials from our community, and a passion to reconnect us all with our wise, wild nature.
Foria is seeking a full time Creative Director. This role is (ideally) based in LA and will work closely with the Chief Growth Officer and Chief Content Officer.
About the role
The perfect candidate would have a strong background in both creative and art direction. They should be able to concept big ideas but also to create hands-on when needed as this role can involve wearing many hats. Experience with DTC lifestyle brands or brands with a sustainability focus is preferred.
- Establish the creative direction of every high level brand output. For example:
- Concepting all campaigns
- Developing the overall look and feel of photoshoots
- Concepting all key content series on social
- Creating overall look and feel of all marketing materials (email campaigns & flows being our strongest marketing touchpoint, etc)
- Establishing design direction for all new print and product needs (limited edition kits, new products, etc)
- Manage the creative team (full time designer, PT retoucher, PT photographer, PT producer, creative collaborators) in bringing creative direction from concept to execution
- Work with head of brand to make sure they brand narratives are being brought to life across all social touchpoints (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, etc
- Ongoing conception of big ideas for how to grow the brand through creative storytelling
- Act as executive creative stakeholder in guiding all digital paid and organic marketing
- Act as executive creative stakeholder in guiding ecommerce creative (including upcoming website redesign)
- Assist in creative resourcing of team when needed
What you bring to Foria:
- 10+ years experience of digital design/creative experience. Experience with DTC lifestyle brands, start-ups or brands with a sustainability focus is preferred.
- Experience in managing and building out a creative team
- A self-starter mentality: someone who is willing to wear a lot of hats, work quickly and always bring fresh ideas/thinking for the brand.
- Strong digital storytelling experience: This person should be able to seamlessly and powerfully communicate the brand mission through quick, digestible creative.
- Campaign experience: this person should be able to solely ideate and establish the creative positioning of a campaign, then work with a copywriter and designers to bring it to life through all touchpoints: influencer collaborations, social takeovers, product packaging, etc.
- Art direction experience: of both still and video assets, with a focus on social-first storytelling
- Email marketing experience: As email is one of our top revenue streams, it’s vital that this person have experience in this realm
- The ability to balance owning and delegating. This person should be able to jump in and help in creating as well as managing.
- The ability to create cohesion across all brand touchpoints
- The ability to manage/work on multiple projects and work streams at once
- Resourcefulness. No dependence on big budgets or stacked staffing for your projects.
- An interest in sustainability, sexual health + education and stigma busting
- An awareness of pop culture and trends in the space
Foria exists to make a meaningful impact in our world, and we think that if you share our passion and mission you would be happy to join us. We work hard but we also know how important it is to have fun and care for our team players by providing flex PTO, great benefits for you and yours, and genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and its peers succeed.
Foria is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.