Job Opening: Director of Creative Operations
Hello potential future Foria employee. Allow us to introduce ourselves, Foria is an innovative health & sexual wellness company, rooted in the proven wisdom of plants. As the first brand to create a comprehensive product line to support sex & intimacy, relief, and optimal wellbeing, it is our mission to close the pleasure gap and offer effective products for important and under-served life experiences: from menstruation to menopause. With an unwavering commitment to clean ingredients, regenerative farming, sex education, and responsible packaging, we maintain the highest standards of purity and transparency — for your health, and the health of our planet.
Our team is collaborative, driven, passionate, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
If you consider yourself someone who loves guiding creative direction and is driven equally by strategy & operational efficiency, you’ve come to the right place! Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Creative Operations will manage the creative & PM team and work closely with internal and external stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity to help build out the foundation of a high-growth DTC brand with an incredible team.
Your primary responsibilities are:
- Lead annual creative operations planning, establishing and managing the creative budget with a focus on efficiencies
- Mentor and guide the Creative team. Provide day-to-day management of a team of designers, project management, content production and external creative talents (agencies, photographer, illustrator, writers, etc)
- Identify, onboard and retain talent needed to deliver on brand creative output. Work closely with the Finance, HR, and Creative teams to maintain freelancer onboarding including contracting and invoicing
- Prioritize workflow for the creative teams, work with the PM to establish overall timelines and milestones to meet deadlines and stay in budget
- Design an organizational system that ensures assets are easily available and accessible for the internal marketing team and wider company departments as well as external partners as needed
- Oversee the dissemination of relevant visual assets on relevant channels to build brand cohesion and visual strength. This will require collaborative relationships with all our departments.
- Provide focused interdepartmental leadership and have a strong understanding of the steps and processes involved in managing and completing a wide variety of production-related projects (digital, video, print, OOH, packaging, retail)
- Evaluate, identify, and implement improved processes to drive efficiency in project management and information workflow
- Define the scope of tentpole projects (objectives, strategy, deliverables, schedule, and budget) in conjunction with the Marketing & Brand Leadership Team
- Participate in strategic sessions with Marketing, acting as brand guardian to protect the brand positioning and voice. Focus on long-term planning and projects to ensure cross-department cohesion across key brand stories
- Determine feasibility/relevancy of requests and interpret/re-shape briefs that inspire creative teams while simultaneously delivering on brand & business goals
- Champion and facilitate clear communication and collaboration across disciplines - for example, ensuring photo video assets are in place for a Designer to execute a digital campaign
Oversee pre-production process leading up to shoots ensuring all stakeholders align on objectives and timelines; ensure cross-departmental needs inform the shot list during pre-production
What you bring to Foria
- 10+ years of experience with 360 creative project management and content production workflows across digital, social media, print and retail.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth DTC brand or agency that produces high quality creative and content.
- Fluent in Asana
- Track record of successfully managing teams and can motivate and influence others by displaying strong leadership and emotional intelligence
- Self-starter who can hit the ground running
- Problem solver that knows every detail of a project from a strategic standpoint to the small details of project management people, timeline, scope management and budget.
- Stellar interpersonal, organizational, communication and leadership skills, is thorough with details and follow-through and primed to own a key collaborative role.
- Meets challenges with proactive solutions and positive attitude.
Foria is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.